JOB SEARCH –
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR IMPROVING YOUR LinkedIn PROFILE
LinkedIn has reached more than 500 million members worldwide!
- Profile Strength should be at All-Star level.
- You should have at least 501 contacts. Then LinkedIn shows 500+ contacts.
- Include a head and shoulders professional picture of yourself dressed in your interview outfit.
- Create a custom URL for your profile using your first and last name.
- Join up to 100 groups. This is the maximum number LinkedIn allows you to join.
- Join the largest group on LinkedIn with more than one million members - Job Openings, Job Leads and Job Connections. However, group is close to maxing out its membership. Otherwise, join the Social Media Marketing group.
- Add your resume in Word .doc format using www.Slideshare.net.
- Add key Skills and Expertise. Get endorsements.
- Solicit professional colleagues for at least three recommendations.
- Select the appropriate industry and nearest large metro area next to your picture.
- Use the SPECIALTIES Section to add keywords until no more will fit.
- Do not block incoming emails.
- Make sure that your first name, last name and email address are visible to those not directly connected to you.
- Invite recruiters in your area who are LIONs to be a connection.
LIONs are LinkedIn Open Networkers who will connect with you.
- Use the LinkedIn Help Center if you have any questions.
www.JobSearchChicago.com is not endorsed by, certified by, sponsored by nor affiliated with the LinkedIn Corp. in any way.
For additional JOB SEARCH - CHICAGO suggestions, view Page 2 by clicking on the following topic buttons:
These pages created and maintained using Arachnophilia.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 - Denmarc@comcast.net   Denis Curtin   All Rights Reserved.