JOB SEARCH –
Techniques to help you find a better job, faster in the Chicago, Illinois, area.
To help in your job search, where to post your resume to land the best job in Chicago.
Which career center and job support group can best assist you in finding your new job in the Chicagoland area.
THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR JOB
- Immediately contact your nearest Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) office, formerly called the Unemployment Office, and register. Failure to contact them in a timely manner can result in loss of eligible benefits. You may be able to apply for
- Determine the status of medical benefits from your former company, if applicable. Check on COBRA etc.
- Contact the CareerPlace, formerly the Barrington
Career Center, and attend their free Intro to CareerPlace session. Call the Center at 847-304-4157. There is a once a year fee of $200.00 ($16/month) for use of the facilities; volunteer opportunities are available for those unable to pay the fee.
- Attend the informative presentations at the CareerPlace, formerly the Barrington Career Center, held during the week. Consult the Events Calendar for times and dates. (This is included in the $200 fee)
- Attend networking meetings at the Job Search Circle:
JOB SEARCH CIRCLE
Meetings held on Wednesdays, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM at the Countryside Church, 1025 N. Smith Road, Palatine, IL.
Charge to attend is $5 for all.
See the Job Search Circle website for more information.
- Create a profile on LinkedIn a business-oriented social networking site used for professional networking. As of early 2017 it had more than 500 million registered users, spanning more than 200 industries. Be sure to join applicable groups. You may join up to 100 groups.
- Find additional information concerning LinkedIn profiles on the LinkedIn Information Page:
- Post your resume on the Internet, if desired, on at least the following sites:
- Search for jobs on the Internet using meta job search engines that allow you to rapidly search many job sites and literally millions of job opportunities at one time:
- Search for job opportunities on these web sites:
- For resume and cover letter suggestions check www.jobhero.com .
- Search for jobs on LinkUp. LinkUp is the new and unique job search engine that only lists jobs taken directly from company websites. These jobs listing are sometimes referred to as "hidden jobs" because they are typically unadvertised outside of company websites and can be difficult to find if you do not know where to look. When you search for a job on LinkUp, you are actually searching over 22,089 company websites. All of the job listings are from real companies. You will not find work-at-home scams, recruiters, or staffing agencies. You also will not find the same job listed multiple times from different sources.
- Search for jobs on individual Chicago Company websites which use the Internet to list Job Opportunities online. This site lists the largest companies in the Chicago area and their websites:
- Check out the networking opportunities offered on the following site:
- Order business cards for use during your networking activities.
This supplier offers a variety of high quality full color business cards for shipping charges only:
- Check out this list of other Job Clubs and Job Support Groups
located in the Chicagoland area:
(Be sure to call first since some of these groups do not regularly meet and be sure to verify the information since this list is not always updated by the groups.)
More Job Support Groups
For additional JOB SEARCH - CHICAGO suggestions, view Page 2 by clicking on the following topic buttons:
What are you doing this
to secure your next career opportunity?
PLAN YOUR WORK AND WORK YOUR PLAN !!!
If you have any comments concerning this site, please contact the
Last updated JANUARY 1, 2019
All Contents Copyright © 2003 - 2019 - Denmarc@comcast.net
All Rights Reserved.